World Smokefree Day
Celebrating and working towards smokefree/auahi kore lives for New Zealanders
The objectives of World Smokefree Day (WSFD) in New Zealand are:
- raising awareness and contributing to the achievement of the Smokefree 2025 goal that fewer than 5% of New Zealanders will smoke.
- raising awareness of the smokefree kaupapa with the underlying objectives of reducing exposure to second-hand smoke and increasing quit attempts.
- Enabling continuity and consistency of messaging and creative across the country.
- building on and complementing current work in tobacco control.
Ideas for Workplaces:
To recognise this event…
- World Smokefree Day is the perfect opportunity to encourage and help those in your workplace who want to quit smoking; set up a buddy system to offer support through their quitting journey.
- Add a banner to your email signature to spread awareness!
- Create a photobooth with a World Smokefree Day frame for people to take photos and post to Facebook to celebrate being smokefree. Encourage them to use the hashtags #smokefreeNZ #smokefreeaotearoa2025.